Thursday, April 2, 2009

Best Christmas Present Ever

This is my craft room. My husband, Marc, built this for me for Christmas 2007. He is amazing - he can build anything I can think up. But.... generally he's better at thinking things up. I gave him a picture of the Making Memories wall hung organizer and said that's what I wanted for Christmas. I got the whole room instead. There is a window behind that big built in storage unit. He used that area for deeper shelving which is great - my big Xyron machine fits in there, along with some of my other bigger items. I could store my Cricut and my Cuttlebug up there as well but I have lots of room on my counters so I don't bother. Marc had recently builtl me a new china cabinet and took my old one, painted it white, took the doors off and installed rods for my ribbon spools. How could I not love spending time in this room. It's not 100% finished (that's Marc.....) but is completely functional. It's right next door to my huge office, which I spend the other half of my life in. He built that for me as well, including a zebra wood, custom built desk that fits into my five panel bay window.






Yes, I'm a bit of a computer geek - that is two computers in my office. The one on the table is actually my girls computer. Mine is the one in the background with the HUGE screen..... I told Marc when we got married, "you never have to buy me jewelry again - just keep me up with all the new technology and I'll be happy!"


No comments:

Post a Comment